CB1.USP Carry Bar
Carry Bar. Primed for Painting
Trade Customers - Ask us about trade terms/prices.
Carry bars are a necessary part of any specification including coordinators - where it is possible to open the inactive leaf before the active leaf. Fixed to the inactive leaf, the carry bar straddles the meeting stile and pushes the active leaf open at the same time as the inactive leaf. At a point just before the nylon roller leaves the active leaf the coordinator is able to hold the active leaf ajar - ensuring both doors close in the correct order.
- Used when it is possible for the inactive door to be opened before the active door
- Prevents damage to the doors and other hardware
- Nylon roller insures quiet and efficient operation
- All-steel construction
- Standard sex bolts for mounting
Best suited to heavy duty situations on perimeter and internal doors where security is important.
Coordinators should be specified for use on all rebated pairs of doors where door closers are controlling both leaves and where it is possible to open either leaf independently or both leaves simultaneously. Doors of this type, not controlled with coordinators, have the potential to close in the incorrect order, leaving one door slightly ajar and (usually) both doors insecure (i.e. unlocked). In particular, exterior (or perimeter) doors, fitted with escape hardware, are vulnerable if they double as access control doors and are necessarily equipped with door closers*.
* Doors fitted with surface overhead door closers require special attention ensuring that the two types of hardware do not clash or impede one another in their normal operation.