HD-QEL9947EO.915.US28 Quiet Electric Latch Concealed Rod Device
Heavy Duty Quiet Electric Latch Retraction Concealed Vertical Rod Device - (suits doors <915mm x <2533mm) Anodized Aluminium
Quiet electric latch retraction (QEL) provides electronic control of an exit device for environments where limited operational noise is desired. The QEL option is Von Duprin’s solution of choice for hospitals, libraries, museums and theatres where ambient noise can be disruptive.
These devices always provide mechanical egress. The electrified latch retraction can be activated by an access system or building automation system to unlatch the exit device momentarily. Often the QEL is used with a credential reader and access control system to unlock the door momentarily for authorized users.
The QEL can also be configured to electronically retract the latch for an extended period of time to allow free entry. This is a convenient alternative to mechanical dogging. If manual dogging is required, the hex dogging option is available, to order specify HD-QEL. Special centre case dogging is also available for 98/99 rim and vertical systems, specify SD-QEL.
Trade Customers - Ask us about trade terms/prices.
- QEL option available on all 98/99, 94/95 and 33A/35A series exit devices
- Energy efficient motorized latch retraction utilizes a standard 2 amp power supply, enabling longer wire runs from power
source PS06 - 24Vdc 2.0 Amp Power Supply/Fire Relay (PSU)
- Quiet operation in both mechanical and electronic states
- Modular design allows for a simplified installation
- On-board installation and troubleshooting diagnostics built into device
- Auto adjust latch retraction – automatically adjusts latch throw and pull
- Pushbar is pulled in electronically for quieter operation when dogged
- Vandal resistant – detects and responds to events of attack and tampering
Electric Options -
- LX Latchbolt Monitor Switch
- RX Touch Bar Monitor Switch
- QEL option does not include the power transfer from door to frame, the power supply, or the control operator. Refer to EPT-2 power transfer and the PS06 - 24Vdc 2.0 Amp Power Supply/Fire Relay (PSU)
Specifications Compliance (US Only) -
- Devices are BHMA Certified to ANSI/BHMA A156.3 (2001) Grade 1 for Exit Devices
- Devices are UL and cUL Listed as 'Panic Hardware' (UL 305) and as “Fire Exit Hardware” (UL 10C)
- QEL Conversion Kit is UL Classified under 'Accessories' for Single-Point Locks and Latches and Fire Exit Hardware” (UL 10C)
Electrical Specifications -
- QEL electrical load - Voltage 24Vdc, Current 1A Inrush (0.5 sec) 0.14A Holding
- QEL wire run lengths (please call the Sales Office for guidance)
Optional Trim (for Outside Access)
add suffix -
Best suited to heavy duty situations on perimeter and internal doors where architectural grade safe egress in panic emergency situations is a requirement.
This range of architectural grade escape devices includes the 98 Series with its smooth mechanism case and the established 99 Series with its familiar grooved design. The two styles are mechanically and dimensionally identical and provide a solution specifically for standard stile applications down to 89mm.