351_S & 354_S Adjustable Astragal
Astragal and meeting stile seals are used to seal the gap between a pair of doors.
Adjustable Astragal Seals are manufactured with adjusting screws to allow for adjustment in the field.
- When used as split astragals on double doors, two lengths must be ordered: one for each door
- When installing pairs of fire doors care must be taken to maintain the requirements of NFPA 80.
- Astragal is surface applied
- Available Lengths: 84", 96", 120"
- Application for astragal is full mortice
- Available Lengths: 84", 96", 120".
B (Mill Finish Brass Extruded Bronze (Brass) with Black Silicone insert) C (Clear Anodized Aluminum with Gray Silicone insert) D (Dark Bronze Anodized Aluminum with Black Silicone insert) G (Gold Anodized Aluminum with Black Silicone insert)
An Astragal is used to seal the gap at the leading edge between a pair of door leaves. The pair can have 'plain' or 'rebated' meeting stiles - the design and suitability of the Astragal will vary accordingly between the two options. Astragals on external pairs of outward opening doors are commonly overlapping Astragals which have a dual function of protecting against weather and providing security as a lock guard. On internal doors Astragals provide protection against smoke ingress aswell as providing additional security on locked doors.
Doors are typically the weakest link in any partition designed to have acoustic sealing properties. Astragals, perimeter gasketing, drop seals and door sweeps can all be used to prevent sound from leaking through cracks around the door perimeter.