S771 & S772 Adhesive Astragal/Meeting Stile Seal
Astragal and Meeting Stile Seals are used to seal the gap between a pair of doors.
Astragal/Meeting Stile Seals can be installed on virtually any pair of doors where sound attenuation is required. These products seal the opening to prevent heat loss, inhibit the passage of smoke and act as a weatherization product.
- Excellent resistance to compression set, particularly at elevated temperatures and for extended periods of time
- Stays flexible between -58 degrees (F) and 450 degrees (F) with very high resistance to flex fatigue. maintains a low closing force
- Easy installation requires no mechanical fasteners, can be cut to size in the field
- Available in 7, 8, 9 and 10 ft. coils
- Category H gaskets for use with listed steel frames and/pr classified steel covered composite, hollow metal doors rated up to and including 3 hours; wood and plastic covered composite doors rated up to and including 1-1/2 hours; and wood core doors rated for 20 minutes without hose stream. When applied to the door and frame assembly in accordance with the manufacturers installation instruction, the assembly will comply with UBC 7-2 (1997) part II (US)
- Category J - Doors - gasketing that has been tested on a positive pressure fire door and frame but is not required for the door to obtain its fire door rating. Category J gasketing does not negatively affect the rating on a positive pressure door (US)
- Category J gaskets for use with listed steel frames and/or classified steel covered composite, hollow metal doors rated up to and including 3 hours; wood and plastic covered composite doors rated up to and including 1-1/2 hours; and wood core doors rated for 20 minutes (US)
- Storage and shelf life: All adhesive gaskets have a limited shelf life. This product must be used within 6 months of purchase and must be stored between 50 degrees (F) and 100 degrees (F)
BL (Black) C (Clear) D (Dark Bronze) GR (Grey) W (White)
An Astragal is used to seal the gap at the leading edge between a pair of door leaves. The pair can have 'plain' or 'rebated' meeting stiles - the design and suitability of the Astragal will vary accordingly between the two options. Astragals on external pairs of outward opening doors are commonly overlapping Astragals which have a dual function of protecting against weather and providing security as a lock guard. On internal doors Astragals provide protection against smoke ingress as well as providing additional security on locked doors.
Doors are typically the weakest link in any partition designed to have acoustic sealing properties. Astragals, perimeter gasketing, drop seals and door sweeps can all be used to prevent sound from leaking through cracks around the door perimeter.