2060R.89.89.US26D Spring Hinge
Ratchet Adjustable Spring Hinge - 89mm x 89mm (Square Corners). Satin Chrome
Trade Customers - Ask us about trade terms/prices.
Use spring hinges on internal residential doors only. Do not specify spring hinges to control external or perimeter doors. We always recommend using a minimum of three hinges per leaf.
- Quick to Install - Saves on installation costs
- Lifetime Warranty - Years of trouble free closing
- Patented, Dependable Ratchet Adjustment - Fast, one-handed hex key adjustment
- Advanced Spring Design - Square section spring for 25% extra power
- Bearings - No metal-to-metal contact
- Safety Locking Screw - Locks the tension spring setting and seals the hinge tip
- ‘Grabber’ Pintle - No spring kink
- Full Mortice Template Drilled
- Gauge of Metal 2.5mm
All spring hinges fixed to the same leaf must be adjusted to the same setting. The actual setting is determined by prevailing conditions. To ensure correct installation the door must close and latch from any angle between 90º and 15º from closed.
- To Increase Torque • Close door • Engage 5/32" hex wrench • Rotate clockwise to increase torque • Do not exceed 6 ratchet “clicks”
- To Decrease Torque • Close door • Engage 5/32" hex wrench • Depress wrench to disengage ratchet • Let wrench rotate counter-clockwise to new setting • Allow wrench to rise
- Install Locking Safety Screw • Install 6-32 5/8" recessed head machine screw packed with hinge
Important Note. We do not offer the 2060R hinge as an alternative to conventional door closing devices. For fire rated doors you are obliged to use UKCA or CE marked devices (EN 1154: 1996 + A1: 2002/AC:2006) offering door control throughout the opening and closing cycles.
Best suited to standard (medium) duty situations on internal residential doors where uncontrolled self closing doors are desirable.
Spring hinges are a proven cost effective solution for use in apartments and other residential dwellings on non-rated doors. Stanley spring hinges combine both the hanging and closing of the door in one product. This product must not be specified for use on UK fire rated doors.