2227EO.1220.SP28 Surface Vertical Rod Device
Heavy Duty Surface Vertical Rod Device - (suits doors <1220mm x <2134mm) Sprayed Silver.
In accordance with BS EN 1125: 2008 Annexe A (informative) the device should be installed with the touch bar normally at a height between 900mm and 1100mm from the finished floor level when the door is in the secure position. Where it is known that the majority of the occupants of the premises will be young children, it is acceptable to reduce the fixing height accordingly.
Trade Customers - Ask us about trade terms/prices.
- Device Functions - Ships ready for all functions; EO, DT, NL, TP, & L
- Universal - Non-handed, suits LH & RH doors
- Device Lengths - This device suits doors to 1220mm, optional device suits doors to 915mm
- Door Height - Standard door height accommodated - 2134mm, extension rods are available for doors to 3048mm. Extension Rod Length - 915mm
- Finishes - SP28 (689) Sprayed Silver, SP313 (695) Sprayed Dark Bronze
- Strikes - Ships with standard 299 roller strike, bottom strikes 248L-4 and 304L. Optional strikes are available to suit alternative frame details (consult the Relcross for details). 299 top roller strike with 21mm projection, used with conventional frames where a reveal >32mm exists. 248L-4 Bottom Strike for use with flat top thresholds. Since the strike projects by 10mm care should be taken to ensure installation does not pose a trip hazard. 304L Optional Bottom Strike for use where a mortice installation is desired. Please note - Both the 248L-4 & 304L Bottom Strikes are supplied as standard with all surface mounted vertical rod devices.
- Dogging Feature - Hex Key Dogging keeps the latch bolt held back for free swinging operation, LD Less Dogging is available to special order
- Fasteners - Includes fixings for both metal and timber doors 19mm < 57mm thick with sex bolts available to special order - 425 for bolt through fixings
- Latch Bolt - Deadlocking anti-friction top & bottom bolts with 16mm throw
Electric Options -
- LX Latchbolt Monitor Switch
- RX Touch Bar Monitor Switch
- RX2 Double Touch Bar Monitor Switch (RX2 feature uses two RX switches)
- ALK Alarm Exit Kit
Optional Trim (for Outside Access)
add suffix -
UK Fire Certification in accordance with EN 1634-1:2000 (timber)
WFRC No. C132276 120mins, BS EN 1125: 2008
Best suited to heavy duty situations on perimeter and internal doors where safe egress in panic emergency situations is a requirement.
Designed specifically for use in areas where frequent abusive treatment can be expected. The 22 series is constructed from heavy gauge rolled steel section with the proven heavy duty touch bar mechanism that has been used so successfully in all architectural grade Von Duprin touch bar devices.