22.ALK.RX.SP28 Alarm Kit
Exit Alarm - Retrofit Kit - Sprayed Silver.
Use with 22 Series Exit Hardware Only.
Trade Customers - Ask us about trade terms/prices.
ALK Alarm Kit is a simple yet effective way to deter unauthorized use of an opening. While the exit device is still a means of egress, the ALK kit contains an internal horn. When the touch bar is depressed, the horn sounds to provide an audible means of signaling that the opening has been violated. The alarm kit can be armed or disarmed by key thus allowing the exit device to be set in an armed or disarmed mode. The horn is rated at 85 decibels
- The assembly includes both a 24VDC Input and External Inhibit standard. The External Inhibit provides remote arming and disarming
- The key switch uses a standard 32mm mortice cylinder with a straight cam (Schlage 20-001, L583-477 cam). The unit operates on one standard 9-volt alkaline battery. When the battery is weak, the horn will emit an intermittent low battery alert signal
- Auto reset (AR) option is available (but not supplied) with this kit. This kit allows the device to resume the alarm option after a preset time. Preset times can be field selected at 1.5, 3, or 4.5 minutes
- Alarm kits are available with a choice of two switch kits, RX or LX. RX monitors the touchpad and is furnished standard.
- LX optional latch bolt monitoring is recommended for use with surface vertical rod exit devices or when alarm needs to sound from both the exit device and trim side of the door. Specify ALK-LX
The ALK includes a decal for application on door 'EMERGENCY EXIT ONLY. ALARM WILL SOUND'