704S.SP28 Surface Overhead Door Holder
Surface Overhead Door Holder - Stop Only Version for Door Openings 839mm - 991mm (Jamb to Jamb). Silver
Trade Customers - Ask us about trade terms/prices.
Providing an effective ’out of the way’ auxiliary stop when the hold open function is not a requirement.
- 70 series models are constructed primarily of brass and 300 series stainless steel substrates
- 70 series utilize a 13mm dia. stainless steel bar
- The bar is always provided in US32D Satin Stainless Steel
- The spring, washer and nut are provided in a clear zinc finish
- The door bracket, jamb bracket and hook (for hold open units) are available in a number of alternative plated and painted finishes(consult the sales office for details)
- 70H series hold open models (suffix H) provide a selective hold open function with easy-to-adjust tension. A simple 90º rotation of the roller mechanism disables the hold open function allowing the unit to serve as a shock-absorbing stop only.The hold open function provides a convenient method of holding the door open at a predetermined position for short or long periods of time permitting an unobstructed traffic flow through the opening. The hold open tension is adjusted simply and incrementally for increased or decreased holding power by turning the nut at the end of the bar
- Dead stop templating is recommended for applications where a wall or similar obstruction is placed at an opening angle of 110º or less. Dead stop templating can be applied to hold open and stop only models. The dead stop position is the point at which the shock-absorbing spring is fully compressed. Therefore, when dead stop templating is used, the initial degree of opening will be 5º to 7º less than the dead stop opening.Example: If the holder is templated to a 100º dead stop, the door will hold open at an angle between 93º and 95º but no further than 100º
- FK70H - Converts a 70S unit into a 70H unit. Specify FK70H - (& finish)
- FK70S - Converts a 70H unit into a 70S unit. Specify FK70S
- An angle jamb bracket is available to convert standard models to hinge-side or flush transom mounting. If ordered with unit add suffix J. If needed separately, order 70J by finish needed
- Suffix SB (Sex Bolt Mounting) - A package of 2 sex bolts provided with the 70 Series
- Suffix SOC (Pin-in-Socket Security Screw) A screw package with pin-in-socket screw for mounting both the door bracket and jamb bracket is provided instead of the standard screw package.
|Concealed Mounting||Surface Mounting|
|Size||Door Opening||410 Series||450 Series||70 Series||79 Series|
|1||457 - 584mm||411||451||-||-|
|2||585 - 686mm||412||452||702||792|
|3||687 - 838mm||413||453||703||793|
|4||839 - 991mm||414||454||704||794|
|5||992 - 1143mm||415||455||705||795|
|6||1144 - 1372mm||-||-||706||796|
Best suited to heavy duty situations on perimeter doors where door/frame protection is important.
70 series surface mounted holders and stops are designed to meet the demands of high-traffic and exposed doors in commercial applications. The perfect combination of form and function. These versatile models can be used with almost all surface overhead door closers . Templates provide variable mounting positions allowing hold open and stop positions between 85° and 110°. 70 series holders and stops accommodate doors hung with conventional full mortice hinges, offset and centre hung pivot sets.