HT.FMF01.MD2159.C Continuous Hinge
Full Mortice Continuous Hinge - Heavy Duty @ 2159mm. Clear Coated Anodized Aluminium
Hospital type cap ends (supplied by default with this hinge) are sloped, making cleaning easier and making it difficult to attach ropes, clothing apparel and other items, thus reducing the risk of self harm. The hinge is prepared with a 45 degree slope to the hinge cap.
Suits doors timber doors > 35mm - < 54mm
This unique and innovative hinge is of a continuous geared design, manufactured in extruded 6063-T6 tempered aluminium alloy. The hinge consists of three interlocking extrusions in a ’pin-less’ assembly intended for fixing to the full height of the door and frame. Each assembly consists of a frame blade, a door blade and a capping piece.
- All aluminium components are clear anodized after milling and preparation to receive fixings, to provide for a hard and durable surface finish with excellent corrosion resistant properties (other finishes are available to special order)
- The design of the blades varies to suit a number of applications. Blades are held together using a common capping section providing an extensive range of standard and special designs for full mortice, half mortice and full surface applications
- The load bearing properties of hinge types are varied by the quantity of Delrin ® - Teflon ® bearings used
- All hinge designs allow doors to open 180°. However, in some locations wall or frame decoration may prevent use of this facility. Special extended throw options are available for both full mortice and half mortice designs
- This hinge has been tested successfully under positive pressure fire test conditions to satisfy a wide range of UK fire performance requirements.The hinge also provides for security enhancement features and assists in the attainment of other performance requirements where air infiltration is a consideration (e.g weather sealing)
- Other variants provide for ‘finger safe’ features preventing the trapping of fingers in the gap between the heel of the door and the door frame.
- Performance & Durability - In the absence of an applicable standard for continuous geared hinges in the UK, we are reliant upon ANSI for confirmation of our hinge’s mechanical capabilities – ANSI/BHMA A156.26-2000:
- Medium Duty Hinges -
- 350,000 cycles (68 kilo door) Grade 3
- 150,000 cycles (136 kilo door) Grade 1
The flange detail assists with the accurate location of the hinge and provides for enhanced security and weather sealing performances.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE CHECK WITH THE SALES OFFICE FOR ONGOING VALIDITY OF THE FIRE CERTIFICATION
This hinge is designed primarily for new build situations but is suitable equally for retrofit situations where an upgrade is desirable. Full mortice flange type hinges may be recessed, semi recessed or surface mounted between the frame and heel of the door.