99EO.915.US28 Rim Exit Device
Heavy Duty Rim Exit Device - (suits doors <915mm) Anodized Aluminium
The Quiet One®
A fluid dampener decelerates the touch bar on its return stroke and eliminates most noise associated with exit device operations. Furnished on all 99 Series Exit Devices
In accordance with BS EN 1125: 2008 Annexe A (informative) the device should be installed with the touch bar normally at a height between 900mm and 1100mm from the finished floor level when the door is in the secure position. Where it is known that the majority of the occupants of the premises will be young children, it is acceptable to reduce the fixing height accordingly.
Trade Customers - Ask us about trade terms/prices.
- Device Functions - Ships ready for functions; EO, DT & NL - for TP, K & L remove the NL drive screw from the reverse of the device
- Device Lengths - This device suits doors to 915mm, optional device suits doors to 1220mm
- Finishes - US28 (628) Anodized Aluminium. Alternative plated finishes are available to special order (consult Relcross for details)
- Strikes - Ships with standard 299 roller strike, optional strikes are available to suit alternative frame details (consult Relcross for details).299 Standard Roller Strike with 21mm projection, used with conventional frames where the door stile width >121mm permits the necessary back set.1609 Optional Strike used on doors with flush frames or fixed to the inactive (or first closing) leaf of a rebated pair of doors.
- Dogging Feature - Hex Key Dogging keeps the latch bolt held back for free swinging operation. Options available to special order - CD Cylinder Dogging & LD Less Dogging
- Fasteners - Includes fixings for both metal and timber doors 19mm 425 for bolt through fixings
- Latch Bolt - Easy action friction free deadlocking latches cannot be depressed from the outside - with 19mm throw
Electric Options -
- LX Latchbolt Monitor Switch
- RX Touch Bar Monitor Switch
- RX2 Double Touch Bar Monitor Switch (RX2 feature uses two RX switches)
- ALK Alarm Exit Kit
- EL Electric Latch Retraction
- PN Pneumatic Latch Retraction
- QEL Quiet Electric Latch Retraction
- CX Chexit Delayed Exit
Optional Trim (for Outside Access)
add suffix -
As with any mechanical device, exposure to the elements may affect the operation and life of the device and/or finish and may void the warranty. If the device is used externally we recommend the Von Duprin mechanical 98/99 rim exit device with one of the powder coated finishes. We can add weep holes to mechanism cases if required. Regular lubrication of devices with DuraLube (available as part 091091), or similar, may extend the life of the device
UK Fire Certification in accordance with EN 1634-1:2000 (timber)
WFRC No. C132276 120mins, BS EN 1125: 2008
Important note - the addition of outside access devices restricts the fire certification to 60 minutes.
Best suited to heavy duty situations on perimeter and internal doors where architectural grade safe egress in panic emergency situations is a requirement.
This range of architectural grade escape devices includes the 98 Series with its smooth mechanism case and the established 99 Series with its familiar grooved design. The two styles are mechanically and dimensionally identical and provide a solution specifically for standard stile applications down to 89mm.